Friday, December 17, 2010

Let's pretend we're critters...

I love themed hats with matching mitten-scarves(scarves with a place for your hands to get warm in), but I must say they are a pain to make. Everything is machine sewn until you get to the face details and mitten edging. And that, my friend, is where the real frustration begins. Sure the sets are cute and sure they make people smile, but how many pokes of the needle can a human tolerate before they go nuts? One a positive note, fleece is amazing to work with. It hides all of your stitches so nothing has to be even close to perfect, which for me is ideal when hand sewing the face details.




My panda set was my first. Ahhh, everybody remembers their firsts, but for me this wasn't so sweet. After making this set I swore to never make a set again. Especially since the hat didn't end up fitting right. And then came the A Disney Trip to Remember swap and I got a little request...


(Photo compliments of GatorWrangler)

Sometimes I swear these little sets are just pushing themselves back into my life. Who knows, maybe someday I will work up the courage to make another. But not without chainmail gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment